Monday, July 29, 2013

Connections

In the Garden

It was a blogger's dream come true . . . when I saw on Christine's blog that she was vacationing with family in Northern Michigan, I sent her a message, hoping maybe (just maybe) we could connect in real life.

I've been reading the blog of this lovely Mama from Providence, Rhode Island for the past couple of years, admiring her writing and photography, as we bloggers and blog readers do.  I've read her articles in Taproot and admired her book.  But all this time I'd been getting to know her from afar, never expecting to actually meet Christine.

So when she got back in touch with me, and we made plans to connect, I was thrilled.  It was surreal and serendipitous to meet a "friend" for the first time and already know we had much in common.  I was so grateful that Christine and her kind Mother came over for a little visit when they were in Leelanau County.  We talked children, writing, gardens, chickens—and even discovered that we attended the same elementary and middle schools in southern Michigan years ago!

Today, Christine posted a beautiful collection of her photos from Northern Michigan on her blog.  I encourage you to take a look at this little corner of the world through her eyes and heart!

Post a Comment