Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Together


My dear friend Jenny took this photo of our family this weekend.  We were down in Grand Rapids watching her daughter in an Irish Dance competition (officially known as the Mid-America Oireachtas, which is a lovely way of saying that it was a big deal).  As a former dancer (I danced and choreographed a bit in college), I loved getting a peek into the world of fancy Irish footwork; but even more than that I loved seeing Jenny (you can see us together here on her blog).  I'm so grateful that our letters, our phone conversations, and our blogs have kept us connected over the past six years since Jeffrey, Amabel, and I moved from Pittsburgh back to Michigan.  Even after all those years apart and all that space between us, as Jenny said, we picked up as if no time had passed.  Jenny's friendship is a wonderful gift.

Post a Comment